Guardtech Pty Ltd (ABN 62 616 464 389) (“Guardtech”, “we”, “our” etc) is committed to managing personal information in accordance with the Australian Privacy Principles under the Privacy Act 1988 (Cth) and in accordance with other applicable privacy laws.
HOW WE COLLECT YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
- We may collect personal information from you when you use our website, applications, or online portals, enquire about our services, register with us to use any particular part of our website, applications, online portals, or otherwise when you interact with us or use our services. We collect personal information directly from you in order for you to take full advantage of our services, or to answer or forward any requests or enquiries from you, whether through our website, application, online portals or otherwise.
INFORMATION WE COLLECT
- The type of personal information that we collect will vary depending on the circumstances of the collection and the kind of service that you request from us, but may include:
- your name, e-mail, postal address, telephone number and other contact details;
- payment information (such as credit card or bank details);
- age or date of birth;
- information about your employer or an organisation who you represent;
- your device ID, device type, geo-location information, usage statistics, IP address and standard web log information;
- details of the products and services we have provided to you, or that you have enquired about, including any additional information necessary to deliver those products and services and/or to respond to your enquiries and requests; and
- any additional personal information you provide to us, or authorise us to collect, as part of your interaction with us, or your use of our website, application or online portal.
HOW WE COLLECT YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
- We may collect personal information from you when you use our website, applications, or online portals, enquire about our services, register with us to use any particular part of our website, applications, online portals, or otherwise when you interact with us or use our services. We collect personal information directly from you in order for you to take full advantage of our services.
USE AND DISCLOSURE OF PERSONAL INFORMATION
- We collect, hold and use personal information reasonably necessary to carry out our business, to assess and manage our clients’ needs and to provide our services. We may also collect information to fulfil administrative functions associated with these services. As examples, we may collect, hold and use your personal information for the following purposes:
- the specific purpose for which the personal information was disclosed to/collected by us;
- to enable you to access and use our website, applications, online portals or other services we offer;
- to operate, protect, improve and optimise our website, applications, online portals and services, business, including performing monitoring activities, conducting research, or statistical analysis and reporting;
- to send you service, support and administrative messages, updates, and other information requested by you;
- to comply with our legal obligations, resolve disputes, or where we reasonably believe in good faith that the law requires collection, storage or disclosure;
- to keep that information for archiving or back-up purposes;
- to identify, contact or bring legal action against any person where we believe that it is necessary to do so;
- to undertake administrative functions such as:
- administering billing, payments and debt recovery, or reporting to credit reporting agencies;
- training staff, contractors and other workers;
- risk management and management of legal liabilities and claims (for example, liaising with insurers and legal representatives);
- responding to enquiries and complaints regarding our services;
- obtaining advice from consultants and other professional advisers.
We will only use and disclose personal information to the extent it is necessary to do so, and where possible (e.g. for analytics or performance monitoring) information will be used in an aggregated manner rather than being individually identifiable.
- our employees and related bodies corporate;
- third party suppliers and service providers (including providers for the operation of our websites, applications and portals and/or our business or in connection with providing our products and services to you);
- professional advisers, dealers and agents;
- payment systems operators (e.g. merchants receiving card payments);
- our existing or potential agents, business partners or partners;
- anyone to whom our assets or businesses (or any part of them) are transferred;
- specific third parties authorised by you to receive information held by us; and/or
- other persons, including government agencies, regulatory bodies and law enforcement agencies, or as required, authorised or permitted by law.
- We may disclose personal information outside of Australia where, for example, we use cloud based systems which are hosted in countries outside of Australia, or our third party suppliers are located outside of Australia. You consent to the disclosure of your information outside of Australia and acknowledge that while we will take reasonable steps to ensure any overseas recipient will deal with such personal information in a way that is consistent with the Australian Privacy Principles, we are not required to ensure that overseas recipients handle personal information in compliance with Australian Privacy Law.
- We strive to ensure the security, integrity and privacy of personal information submitted to our website, applications, portals and otherwise collected, stored and used by us. We will regularly review and update our security measures in light of current technologies. Unfortunately, no data transmission over the internet can be guaranteed to be totally secure.
- However, we will endeavour to take all reasonable steps to protect the personal information you may transmit to us or from our online products and services against misuse, unauthorised access, interference or loss. Once we do receive your transmission, we will also make our best efforts to ensure its security on our systems.
- In addition, our employees and the contractors who provide services related to our information systems are obliged to respect the confidentiality of any personal information held by us.
COOKIES AND WEB TRACKING SYSTEMS
- When you use our website, application, online portals or similar, we may collect personal information from you about your use of those services (such as which pages you visited, the time and date of your visit, your IP address).
- We may also use ‘cookies’ or other similar tracking technologies on our website, application or online portal to assist in tracking your usage and preferences, and generally to provide you with a better experience. These cookies allow us to increase your security by storing your session ID and are a way of monitoring and analysing user access.
LINKS TO OTHER SITES
- We may provide links to websites outside of our websites, as well as to third party websites. These linked sites are not under our control, and we cannot accept responsibility for the conduct of companies or organisations linked to our website. Before disclosing your personal information on any other website, we advise you to examine the terms and conditions of using that website and its privacy statement.
ACCESSING YOUR INFORMATION TO INFORMATION
- We will endeavour to take all reasonable steps to keep secure any information which we hold about you, and to keep this information accurate and up to date.
- You can access the personal information we hold about you by contacting us using the information below. Sometimes, we may not be able to provide you with access to all of your personal information and if that is the case, we will tell you why. We may also need to verify your identity when you request access to your personal information.
- If, at any time, you discover that information held about you is incorrect, you may contact us to have the information corrected and we will take reasonable steps to ensure that it is corrected.
PROBLEMS OR QUESTIONS
- If we become aware of any ongoing concerns or problems with our websites, applications or online portals, we will take these issues seriously and work to address these concerns.
- For more information about privacy issues in Australia and protecting your privacy, visit the Australian Federal Privacy Commissioner’s website.
If you have any queries, or if you seek access to your personal information, or if you have a complaint about our privacy practices, you can contact us using the following details:
Email address: email@example.com
Phone number: 1300 935 459